There's quite a few, so thanks in advance for your endurance. :)
FIRST! The coveted Zombie Chicken award. (This one I really, really wanted, so....YAY!) "The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…" This award came from Clara (aka my mom), so I can't give it back to her. (That would be rude!) Here are five other bloggers for whom I would brave a pack of zombie chickens:
- Liz at A Mom on Spin
- Mark at ...sez Mark
- Erica at Much Ado About Nothing
- El at Profoundly Seth
- Conversations With a Cupcake
SECOND! From Vanilla over at String Too Short to Tie, I received the 2009 Friendly Blogger award. (Thanks, V!) No restrictions seem to be attached to how this gets distributed, and I must say that I'm hard pressed to pick who's the friendliest.... hmmmm. I guess I will pass this on to my friendly friends... hmmmm. Ok. You, you, you..... and you. All for you, my friendliest of friends! (You know who you are, so grab that award and put it on your blog!)
THIRD! Next comes the Marie Antionette Award for courage from Clara (aka Mom). (My mom likes to give me awards, btw, and I'm Ok with that. You'd be spoiled, too, if you were an only child.)
The tag line for this award reads, "Queen Marie Antoinette is the epitome of a real, fun, fearless woman who is never afraid of getting what she wants.” This is an award for courageousness, not selfishness, though. My mom has some interesting info about the real Marie on her blog, if you're interested.So what do you want? Are your motives pure? Then you could be one of the seven nominated for this award. Why seven? Who knows? Here are my recipient selections for this courage award:
- Meaghan of I Kicked Cancer's Ass. Meaghan fought off cancer, went back to law school, and is in the midst of surgery recovery. (Go wish her well!) She uses her web sites (she sells yummy coffee, too!) to raise funds and cancer awareness and to bring aid to others in the midst of their battles. She's a brave, positive person with no fear when it comes to facing down prejudice against those with cervical cancer.
- Jill of Jill's Believe it or Not. Jill's last post details the medical issues her daughters are facing and she's not feeling so great herself. What does Jill want? Answers. Will she get them? You bet. She's also a very fun person. (CAW!!!) It was great to meet her out here in the blogiverse.
- Jen at Cake Wrecks definitely deserves this award, too. Now her great battle is against the bad cake makers in the world, and I truly hope she wins, but I can't help asking myself what will keep me entertained if she does. She's fun and fearless, posting all kinds of craziness on her site. She also shows us the good side of cakes every Sunday. Thanks, Jen.
- Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It. Mama Kat has been braving the new world of gluten-free living due to her kids' recently diagnosed gluten allergy. She's been chronicling their (mis)adventures on Allergies Shmallergies. She wants what we all want: happy kids and a crazy good time.
- Liz again! Anybody who can survive all the craziness of teenage girls and rampaging priests (can I say that?!) and still be quirky and great and funny deserves as many awards as I can get my hands on.
- Ummmmmm..... I am out of ideas. I guess I'll stop at five.
- Tada! I made it to 7!
FOURTH! (and this one is from Mid-March!) comes the "Friends" blogger award from Uncle Chuck at Secondary Roads.
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.” (Eight?!? I neep a nap. Also, I'm pretty sure whoever created this award is somewhat of an attention leech. "cleverly-written text"? Really?!)
This'll be fairly easy. Kind bloggers who don't toot their own horns. Easy.
- Rachelle - Ok, so she is a book agent, but she's so writer-centered and awesome!
My goodness, but this has turned into an epic post! I hope that everybody enjoys the awards that I have bestowed upon them in turn, and I promise to (try to) stay more on top of my acknowledgement and thankfullness in regards to bloggy awards.
PS. Another one from Secondary Roads just came in! ...but I'm tired! It's gonna have to wait. I hope you enjoy checking out all of these fine folks!