Triumph Dining Ad

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's for Dinner Wednesday - Dessert Week


Yum! Dessert! Be sure to check out all the yummies over at the Gluten-Free Homemaker today! And be sure to forgive the awful quality of these pictures. I am ashamed of myself for making you look at them. I will make it up to you my graciously accepting the new camera you buy for me for my birthday so that I no longer have to take pictures of things with my phone. You're welcome.

To the recipe!

This one is quick and easy and good luck fighting others off so you can get some yourself. And by quick, I mean, I had everything assembled, done and tidied up in the time it took my husband to go pick up the girl from youth group and come back again. I also had a nice surprise for them to come back to. Yay, me!

Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries and Whatnot

Tools:
  1. Bowl
  2. Spoon
  3. Knife
  4. Wax paper

Ingredients:
  1. Almond Bark
  2. Oil
  3. Berries

(Yup, that's it)

Suggested Optional Ingredients - for toppings: (double check for gluten-free-ness!)
  • Sprinkles
  • Coconut (Weird, but tasty!)
  • Crumbled cookies
  • Mini-chocolate chips (Nothing like chocolate topped chocolate!)

Procedure:
  1. Chop almond bark into smallish chunks and place in microwave-safe bowl with the oil. You want approx. 1 t of oil for every 4 oz. of chocolate.
  2. Microwave 30 seconds, remove, stir. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted - smooth and silky. KEEP AWAY FROM ALL LIQUID! (If you've just washed your berries, pat them dry before dipping!)
  3. Grasp strawberry by top. Dip and roll in the chocolate.
  4. Dip and roll in topping, if desired.
  5. Place on wax paper to harden (takes only minutes - no need to refrigerate)
As you can see, I also dipped some fresh cherries. Super Yum.

Note: The Mrs. Fields recipe I based this on/hijaked this from uses actual chocolate, but my mother-in-law got me hooked on this almond bark, so that's what I use. You don't really NEED the oil when using the bark, but I liked how it changed the consistency, and I always use it now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah this is a great plan! Thanks for reminding me how much I love choc strawberries!
Jessie at Blog Schmog

Linda said...

I don't think I've ever made chocolate dipped strawberries, but I always love the way they look. This sounds so easy, I'm sure I'll give it a try soon. Thanks!

Amy Green said...

Your strawberries look fabulous!! Don't apologize for the pics. Honestly, though, I often feel that I need to apologize for my pics or for my outdated kitchen in the pics. You made me smile. :)

Jen said...

I'm new to your blog. Love your writing. :)

Those strawberries look so great! Thanks for the recipe.

Gina said...

I've never done this with almond bark. Thanks for the tip!

Your photos aren't bad! Still, I'll keep an eye out at my shop (Pro Photo Supply) in case a good deal comes along in the used camera department. No one should have to take pictures with a cell phone!

Clara said...

Yummy! I'll bet you had some happy folks when the came home to this spread!

BTW, Dad heard on the radio that Betty Crocker now makes a glutton-free (that's how the announcer said it!) cake mix. I'm sure yours from scratch would be better, tho.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin