Triumph Dining Ad

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I like to find stuff

Way back, once upon a time, I worked for Dunder Mifflin Infinity. I was part of the Beaumont, TX branch.

One of the features was message boards: games, contests, general chats, stuff about The Office, stuff about random stuff... The one that surprised me was all about random things that you find on the floor: notes, lists, pictures, anything that's readable, basically, is fair game. Now, I had never heard of anyone else picking up those things and saving them.

Yes, I said "anyone else". Because, my friends, that is EXACTLY what I do. Everywhere I go, I have one eye out for stuff that people have dropped. Then I pick it up, and if it's interesting and not just some wrapper or receipt, I keep it. Think of it as people watching taken to the next (non-creepy) level.

Do you do this too? What have you found?

My latest find comes from Senior Slave day at the school where I teach. It is a student's typed instructions to her new Senior, freshly purchased for a day's "labor". The name has been changed for courtesy's sake. Everything else has been faithfully recreated, spelling, caps, punctuation, text size, and all.

----------------------------------------------------------
Rachel's To DO List
  • RACHEL YOU ARE TO carry all my books.
  • Write all my notes for class
  • When I am entering a classroom you need to say The Beautiful, Lovely, and Wonderful Techira is coming!
  • When I need to ask a question I will write it down then you will say: Techira needs to ask a question. And then proceed to ask the question
  • Before I sit down you will wipe all seats.
  • You also need to pass out my valentines' day grams to whoever I point to and say: Techira Smith has chosen to give you a valntine candy enjoy and love her forever
  • Whenever someone says my name you have to say Queen Techira someone is calling you
  • The number one rule is HAVE FUN
----------------------------------------------------------

This is just a sample of the insanity that makes up Senior Slave day. One of my other students had to put on geisha makeup and a kimono and carry a small paper fan. He - yes HE - also had to shriek in fear whenever the bell rang, and scream, "The Huns are coming!"

I love my job.

9 comments:

erica said...

I love it! These kids can be so creative...when school work isn't involved:)

Losing Myself said...

Sounds fun. Hope nothing got out of hand. :)

Tiffany said...

That's funny. I never thought about collecting dropped pieces of paper, but I can see how it could be interesting.

Mark said...

I like the green pieces with pictures of dead presidents.

K said...

Senior slave day sound like quite an adventure.

I love that the number one rule is to have fun - like following all those rules would be a really great time.

Clara said...

We never did fun stuff like that in high school. I'm jealous.

Linda said...

This cracked me up. I read it to the kids.

Missed having you link up today. If you go back to my guidelines post I now have the code for a smaller badge which also links to my site.

missy said...

haha!!! i love it!!!! kids are funny little humans no matter the age!!!!!

Shannon said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for stopping by my blog leading me to this great laugh!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin