One of the features was message boards: games, contests, general chats, stuff about The Office, stuff about random stuff... The one that surprised me was all about random things that you find on the floor: notes, lists, pictures, anything that's readable, basically, is fair game. Now, I had never heard of anyone else picking up those things and saving them.
Yes, I said "anyone else". Because, my friends, that is EXACTLY what I do. Everywhere I go, I have one eye out for stuff that people have dropped. Then I pick it up, and if it's interesting and not just some wrapper or receipt, I keep it. Think of it as people watching taken to the next (non-creepy) level.
Do you do this too? What have you found?
My latest find comes from Senior Slave day at the school where I teach. It is a student's typed instructions to her new Senior, freshly purchased for a day's "labor". The name has been changed for courtesy's sake. Everything else has been faithfully recreated, spelling, caps, punctuation, text size, and all.
Rachel's To DO List
- RACHEL YOU ARE TO carry all my books.
- Write all my notes for class
- When I am entering a classroom you need to say The Beautiful, Lovely, and Wonderful Techira is coming!
- When I need to ask a question I will write it down then you will say: Techira needs to ask a question. And then proceed to ask the question
- Before I sit down you will wipe all seats.
- You also need to pass out my valentines' day grams to whoever I point to and say: Techira Smith has chosen to give you a valntine candy enjoy and love her forever
- Whenever someone says my name you have to say Queen Techira someone is calling you
- The number one rule is HAVE FUN
This is just a sample of the insanity that makes up Senior Slave day. One of my other students had to put on geisha makeup and a kimono and carry a small paper fan. He - yes HE - also had to shriek in fear whenever the bell rang, and scream, "The Huns are coming!"
I love my job.