Triumph Dining Ad

Friday, October 24, 2008

Twilight

I did it. I read Twilight.

I'm teaching freshmen English this year:21 girls, 3 boys. It seemed like a necessity. :)

It's actually a pretty good book. I would say that I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's full of teenage love and angst and vampires. What's not to love? On the bright side, the vampires are nice - sorta - and the story is quite riveting. It's no classic, but I did enjoy it as a light read.

One thing I really did like was that it was clean. In spite of the girlfriend/boyfriend aspect and the life-threatening nature of vampires, there were no steamy scenes and no swearing. The worst exclamation was, "Holy Crow!"

I obviously can't tell you what happens because I don't do that, but I will definitely agree with Bella. "I'm with the vampires."

2 comments:

Joy said...

My neighbor gave me that book last week and was surprised I'd never heard of the series. It's nice to know someone else who's read it. She's making me read it before the movie comes out but I don't know if I'll get to it. I have a hard time reading more than one book at a time. Yes a little slow but I really just started reading for leisure these past 2 years. Since you liked it, it'll give me a little more motivation to pick it up though. Thx.

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a twilight fan too. It's pretty juvenile, but so am I :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin