Triumph Dining Ad

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jiggitty-jig

Home again, home again. It's nice to be back.

The trip went well... I ate a lot of salads and even ordered a bun-less burger for the first time ever. Jim found a restaurant in Traverse City for our anniversary that was excellent.

Unlike a lot of people with Celiac disease, I don't really talk to the waiter very often about my diet requirements, I just order based on menu information and ask about the sauces and toppings if I'm not sure. It usually works out pretty well. So, except for the appetizer, everything was completely edible and great.

We went to the Bower Harbor Inn restaurant, and I had a wonderful dish of beef medallions with country mashed potatoes and asparagus. Jim had the filet mignon, and it was probably the best steak I have ever tasted in my life. (Normally we don't share, but it was so good that he said I had to taste it to believe it. He was right.) The appetizer was a tuna tartar, but it had strips of fried something on top, and I didn't eat that, just in case. The tuna and vegetables were fabulous, though. If you ever get up to Traverse City, MI, and want a fine dining experience, go to the Bower Harbor Inn. It's excellent!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin