This week, I'm posting an easy one: Steak and Taters!
I like to marinade my steaks, or at the very least, season them with some pepper and garlic. Then, to the grill! Yum.
One of my favorite sides, though, is today's recipe: grilled baby red potatoes. Now I probably have about a hundred different ways to cook potatoes, but this is one of my favorites.
- Half or quarter potatoes so that the pieces are about the same size as the pearl onions.
- Peel pearl onions and garlic cloves.
- Toss all three with olive oil and seal tightly in a long, flat tin foil package. The goal is to have a single layer of veggies in the packet, so you may need more than one packet if you're making a lot of potatoes.
- Put the packet on the grill about 10 minutes before the steaks. I usually throw them on first and then come back in and get everything together for the rest of the meal and then I take the steaks out to grill.
- Flip the packets when you put the steaks on. The potatoes should be done when your steaks are.