Triumph Dining Ad

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time for A Complaint Free World!

There's a real nifty movement in our country right now. Among other things, they're working on naming the day before Thanksgiving "Complaint Free Wednesday".

Here is how CFW describe themselves: A Complaint Free World, inc. is a non-profit, non-religious entity which provides purple bracelets and other materials to help people affect positive change in their lives. We are in the process of creating additional programs for adults and children which support our mission and vision of creating a world of positive cooperation.

About a month ago, we passed these purple bracelets out at our church. Every time I wore one, someone would ask me about it, and then I would explain and usually ended up giving it to them. Now we're out, and it makes me sad, but the idea is still there in the back of my head, and I pretend I'm wearing one and try not to complain about anything.

If you know me, you'll know that this is hard. If there's anything I'm good at, it's complaining. Trouble is, I don't usually think I'm complaining - I say that I'm just analyzing or critiquing - but I'm complaining.

I hereby officially quit!

Join me, and check out the Complaint Free World website while you're at it, too!

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

What a great post! I was just talking about bracelets today and how they are wonderful b/c people always ask and then you can tell them, passing along the important message.

I am a 3b cervical cancer survivor. I was diagnosed at age 28 while in the middle of law school. Given only a 20% chance of surviving i was flown to Dana Farber Cancer Institute. My fellow students had purple bracelets made with my name on them and everyone got one. Now people ask and they learn about Cervical Cancer, an important issue that needs to be talked about.

Sorry to go on...lol..your post just struck a nerve, a good one :) Anyway, stopping by from SITS to introduce myself and say hi.

I have a couple of blogs so i hope you get a chance to check them out

Power Up Love said...

I've got nothing to complain about, just a lot to be thankful for, but even still, I find myself complaining about things I have no control over. Talk about something that can drive you crazy. I can't believe when I fall into that trap.

I like purple! I've even have a website called, www.PowerUpPurple.com if you get a chance stop by it’s a nutritional drink that is loaded with antioxidants.

I administrate blog www.PowerUpLove.com that also helps serve a similar purpose. To encourage those who are hurting or struggling. Check them out if you have a chance and share your story if like.

Blessings

Blog Widget by LinkWithin